Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Some advertising on the street near hotel (click on the photo to enlarge)
This is a photo from the top of hill above the
hotel, and the sign at left is on the wall shown
in the centre of the photo.

March 9th

Bobby and I arrived in Toronto safe and sound with a fairly uneventful flight other than Bobby had a less than desirable seating companion....I will leave it at that! I was lucky enough to be seated with a lovely older lady from Oxford, England who was traveling over to meet her daughter and new grandchild, who live in Toronto. She has 12 grandchilren in all, and we had a great little visits on and off during the flight. Bobby and I shared a cab over to the Ramada hotel, checked in, then headed for the showers. We had met Brad while checking in, and they were going over to a little Irish pub for a couple of "Greens", as Dennis and I liked term the consumption of a few beers in Malawi. Some of the Uganda crew joined us at the pub, and we all had a bite to eat. We shared some great stories about our experiences in Malawi with Joan, Ruth, Tammy, and Gary. Charlie was not able to join us at the pub, and Jeannette, had arranged to fly back home early from Uganda, as she had become quite sick, but had recovered enough to travel........they suspected food poisoning. We all agreed that the rest of us had been very fortunate during our 2 assignments in Africa, to not have gotten any ailments other than a touch of the good ole travellers diarhea.

After a couple of hours the jet lag had definitely kicked in, and everyone was exhausted. I awoke in the middle of the night after having what I thought was quite a good sleep, and it was only 1:30 AM. Not able to get back to sleep, I finished a book, and worked on the computer for about an hour, then managed to get back to sleep for a few hours.

1 comment:

  1. hi my friend, you have a GREAT BLOG!!! I am a friend from Greece

    http://diaforetikimatia.blogspot.com

    The site above is my site. Please visit me, friends of Malawi!!!

    ReplyDelete